Executive Officer (424806)
Department of State Growth
Cultural & Tourism Development
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 4|
|Salary:||$74,600.00 to $86,016.00 per annum|
|| Permanent, flexible, Permanent, full-time
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that understands the importance of flexibility. Talk to us about what flexibility may look like for you.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Office of the Deputy Secretary and provide a high-level client service to division stakeholders including liaison with local and interstate businesses and public sector organisations, state and federal ministerial officers, senior government staff and a range of industry and community groups.
- Provide high-level administrative and executive support to the Deputy Secretary including managing the flow of information; referral of matters for comment or further action to the appropriate branch or officer; research of files and other material; preparation of correspondence, presentations and word processing.
- Manage the timely, efficient and effective flow of ministerial information and documentation through undertaking a range of tasks associated with ministerial correspondence including operating, updating and maintaining the ministerial tracking and other information systems, quality assuring ministerial correspondence and other relevant documents.
- Manage the Deputy Secretary’s diary and work schedule including collation of briefing notes and the setting up of more complex meetings, seminars and workshops for the office.
- Provide administrative support for a range of whole-of-government matters such as cabinet, community forums and government boards.
- Organisation of conferences, travel, accommodation, managing stationery and other related items
- Undertake special projects and budget management tasks at the discretion of the Deputy Secretary including monitoring and reporting of expenditure against budget, seeking and tracking approvals for senior management travel itinerary and the purchase of materials and supplies.
- Work with key personnel within the Department of State Growth to coordinate, monitor and manage information. Manage discrete projects and act as the division resource to induct staff with correct policy, process and procedure familiarisation across the division and provide support in the use of Records Manager and its workflow in collaboration with the operations team.
- Perform other duties as envisaged by the assigned classification under the relevant industrial award of agreement and in accordance with the skills, competence and training of the occupant.
As a result of a risk assessment process, the Head of Agency gave consideration to where vaccination is a necessary control to protect the health and safety of workers and the community and therefore it has been determined that prior to appointment to these duties a person is to provide evidence that they are vaccinated against the disease known as COVID-19. This risk assessment determined that all workers in the Department are required to be fully vaccinated or provide an approved exemption. Please refer to the Statement of Duties for further information or call the contact person with any questions.
- Demonstrated experience in office administration and procedures within an executive environment, sound understanding of financial concepts.
- Driver’s license
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Statement of Duties - Executive Officer.docx
Statement of Duties - Executive Officer.pdf
Advice to applicants.DOCX
Advice to applicants.pdf
For more information
How to apply
To apply, please provide a one - two page document outlining your experience skills, and knowledge as they relate to the statement of duties and a copy of your current resume.
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button.
Complete the following application form and email your application to us at email@example.com
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Back to search results Apply now