Within a primary health care framework, the Home Help Personal Carer will:
- Function effectively as a member of the health care team concerned with the care of an individual and their family unit within the community setting.
- Provide home help and personal care to the client within their own home.
Travel to client homes across the designated region within the North is a requirement of this role
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The team: North Eastern Soldiers Memorial Hospital Home Help Program
- This position is based from the NESMH in Scottsdale.
- The successful person will be part of a team of staff who provide cleaning services only to community members in living in their home.
- Travel is required within the Dorset Municipality.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, day worker position working 25 hours per fortnight, commencing from 1 June 2024
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $58,184 to $59,580 pro rata, per annum. Our Employer 11% superannuation contribution is on top of this amount.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Salary range is in accordance with Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2022
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Current Driver’s Licence
Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Certificate 3 in Individual Support / Aged Care or other relevant qualifications if employed to provide personal care
- Current first aid certificate
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
For more information
Position: Director of Nursing - NESM Hospital
Phone: (03) 6778 8523
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.