Provide clinical midwifery leadership in contemporary midwifery and women’s health practices including advanced midwifery care within scope of practice and other relevant legislation.
In partnership with the Maternity Services multi-disciplinary team, provide a midwife consultancy and coordination service to facilitate the care of women and their newborns.
Lead innovation and research within Maternity Services to improve clinical outcomes and develop and implement clinical policy and guidelines for the service areas, undertaking professional principles, systems and processes that may be shared with other specialist professions and executive management.
Identify improvements in the care coordination and service accessibility within the Maternity Services area and lead the development and implementation of systems changes and service improvements to support care coordination in consultation with key stakeholders.
As an integral member of a multidisciplinary team, provide authoritative clinical expertise and support in the provision of clinical advice and interventions as well as coordinating services to women across the continuum of maternity care.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The Clinical Midwifery Consultant will provide clinical leadership in contemporary midwifery and women’s health practices across the Maternity Service. They will work within a multidisciplinary team framework and are the pivotal contact point for the continuity of care for women and their families across the Maternity Services continuum of care and is responsible for the provision of a midwifery consultancy service.
Details of Appointment
Multiple, permanent, full-time day work position, working up to 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $102,080 to $108,528 pro-rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service Agreement) 2019
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $750 per annum
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Midwife
- Current Working with Children Registration
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
Nurse Unit Manager - Maternity Services
Phone: 0437 804 624
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details