Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Work in a rural community
- Possibility of additional hours
- Work in a diverse multi-cultural team
Details of Appointment
Fixed term, casual, day work, position working as and when required, commencing as soon as possible until 30/06/23
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $53,079 - $54,389 pro rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award/General Stream, Health Services Officers, Level 3
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
Current Driver’s Licence
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Certificate 3 in Individual Support / Aged Care or other relevant qualifications if employed to provide personal care
- Current first aid certificate
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Community Services Manager
Phone: (03) 6774 8030
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.