Director Wellbeing Support (004951)
Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management
Applications must be submitted by
Senior Executive - Level 2 - Payment of Salary above the base salary of the advertised range is subject to an annual performance assessment
$173,328.00 to $190,558.00 per annum
Provide expert strategic advice to influence Tasmania’s position on emerging national policy and program issues and lead the development and implementation of Wellbeing Services policy and program initiatives in Tasmania.
Period of Appointment
Fixed Term, Full time
The Director, Wellbeing Services is:
• A specialist senior manager role whose primary responsibility is to lead the multidisciplinary team to deliver Wellbeing Services policy, strategy and program outcomes that support front line emergency service responders and Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management employees.
• Responsible for ensuring the provision of authoritative, specialist advice to the Deputy Secretary and to Secretary and Government regarding health and wellbeing policy, strategy and program areas that have statewide and multi agency implications.
• Responsible for ensuring that these services are delivered within a contemporary evidence based planning and purchasing framework which meets all relevant statutory requirements.
The Head of the State Service has determined that a person nominated for appointment to this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. Any relevant serious criminal offence or repeated serious offences over any period, which are not mitigated by additional information, may provide grounds for declining an application for appointment. Such offences would include, but are not limited to:
- Arson and fire setting;
- Sexual offences;
- Dishonesty (e.g. theft, burglary, breaking and entering, fraud);
- Deception (e.g. obtaining an advantage by deception);
- Making false declarations;
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person;
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Trafficking of narcotic substance;
- False alarm raising.
A tertiary qualification or degree in a relevant discipline which may include a clinical, public health, health science or human services field, and extensive experience in the management and delivery of health services.
Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
004951- SoD - Director Wellbeing Support - Equivalent Specialist SES Level 2.pdf
004951- SoD - Director Wellbeing Support - Equivalent Specialist SES Level 2.DOCX
Short Form Application Guidelines for Applicants Final.DOCX
Short Form Application Guidelines for Applicants Final.pdf
How to Apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Online applications will only be accepted, please click the blue Apply now button to apply. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact (03) 6173 2757.
For further information on this position, please contact Mandy Clarke, Deputy Secretary on (03) 6173 2330.