Executive Support Officer (001839)
Department of Premier and Cabinet
State Service Management Office
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 4|
|Salary:||$72,887.00 to $84,041.00 per annum|
|| Permanent, full-time
Having a diverse workforce that represents the wider Tasmanian community is very important to us and we actively encourage applications from people with disabilities, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who may identify as LGBTQI+, and all genders. We also recognise the value, unique skills and knowledge that Aboriginal employees bring to the workplace and welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal people.
We support reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We understand that people have different needs to manage their work and life and to support people we embrace the benefits of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
The State Service Management Office (SSMO) plays a leading role in identifying and discussing contemporary opportunities and challenges across the Tasmanian State Service (TSS) workforce, including informing agencies of issues of mutual interest. SSMO also aims to share best practice and learnings of each agency and drive cross-agency engagement and collaboration on areas of strategic priority. SSMO represents the Employer of the Tasmanian State Service workforce and works with agencies as a trusted partner to the enable the Tasmanian State Service (TSS) to attract, retain and appropriately develop and organise a skilled, and professional workforce to meet the needs of Tasmania.
Hours per fortnight
Up to 73.5 hours - flexible options available.
- Provide high-level executive support and coordinate the day to day activities of the Director, SSMO, including management of the Director’s diary; managing emails, correspondence and briefing material; managing incoming calls; travel and function arrangements; and other administrative services to optimise timely and efficient outcomes.
- Prepare correspondence, briefing notes, reports and other documents as requested by the Director across the Division.
- Provide executive support to the Director, SSMO for the PSIRC Subcommittee of Cabinet, DPAC Executive meetings, Budget Estimates, and any other committees or working groups managed by the Division.
- Monitor workflow and requests, including the distribution, tracking, filing and security of sometimes complex and specialised information and documents for the Director to ensure deadlines and information management standards are met. Ensuring the quality of documentation submitted for signature to senior executives as required.
- Assist with the management of financial and physical resources associated with the functions of the Division. Authorise minor purchases on behalf of the Director.
- Coordinate and support divisional events such as Interjurisdictional Conferences, for example for Public Service Commissioners.
- Provide secretariat and administrative support to the Tasmanian Training Consortium (TTC).
- Prepare and distribute communication material for the TTC, including direct marketing emails, social media posts and web updates.
- Manage small projects, undertake research and prepare ad hoc reports to support the Divisional leadership team.
- Undertake other executive and administrative tasks as requested by the Director.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
SOD - Executive Officer SSMO - 001839.docx
SOD - Executive Officer SSMO - 001839.pdf
Short Application - FAQs.DOCX
Short Application - FAQs.pdf
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page short application outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties and a resume.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application, please contact us prior to the closing date on (03) 6270 5607 or (03) 6270 5599.
For more information
Phone: (03) 6232 7040
Back to search results Apply now