As a Specialist Sonographer, you will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient Ultrasound imaging service for inpatients and outpatients of Medical Imaging, Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH). Your role includes assisting the Senior Specialist Sonographer – Ultrasound in providing clinical leadership, professional support. You will ensure best practice standards for ultrasound imaging services are provided by the RHH in accordance with organisational policies and the professional code of conduct.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The RHH is seeking a Sonographer to perform examinations in the emergency, inpatient, and outpatient settings.
Details of Appointment
Permanent full time, shift-worker position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
$103,608 - $119,430 per annum + our Employer 11% superannuation contribution is on top of this amount.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type.
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $1000 per annum
- Please note that access to salaries beyond $111,964 is subject to qualifications and/or application to the personal upgrade scheme.
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualification/program of study approved by the Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry
- Accredited with the Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry and if also practising as a radiographer, registered with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty.
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1–2-page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information, please contact:
Specialist Nuclear Medicine Technologist
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.