Opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality consult liaison mental health services to the Tasmanian community.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will:
- Undertake the delivery of specialist services to clients of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Adult Community, Inpatient and Extended Treatment, ward 4K Launceston General Hospital both inpatient and community.
- Provide clinical leadership and expert knowledge in all aspects of primary health care.
- Develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate programs and activities to improve client outcomes.
- Enhance consumer and carer participation at all levels of the service.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Fixed term, full time, day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible until December 2024
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $96,967 - $102,473 per annum + 11% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse and possess specialist tertiary graduate or post graduate mental health/psychiatric nursing qualification; or
- completed, prior to the transfer of nurse education to the tertiary sector, an accredited hospital based program that lead to registration as a psychiatric nurse by the relevant nurse regulatory authority within Australia, New Zealand, Canada or the United Kingdom
- Current Working with Children Registration
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate clinical experience in the context of a community mental health team
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Holds or is working towards tertiary qualifications in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Team Leader
Phone: (03) 6777 2277
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.