Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
- Under the direction and supervision of a Social Worker or in accordance with an approved care plan:
- Provide information and assist clients with the completion and lodging of forms.
- Liaise with other relevant services, including the Motor Accident Insurance Board, Centrelink and the Patient Travel Assistance Scheme to facilitate client/patient referral requirements.
- Refer, direct and/or accompany clients to appointments within other health services areas.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Royal Hobart Hospital including the Repatriation Site and other services:
- Working alongside a large Social work team both in the community and hospital setting, communicating with patients from a variety of background, with opportunities for professional development.
Details of Appointment
Multiple, permanent, full time, part time, day work, positions working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
* Please note that actual hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
** Please also note that this process may be used to fill fixed term and casual opportunities as they arise.
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $59,694- $63,154 pro-rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
Salary range is in accordance with Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Knowledge and understanding of health and community-based resources
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent qualification
- Experience in direct client/patient work in a health or human services setting
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information Contact:
Position: Clinical Lead - Ages Care and Subacute Social Work Services
Phone: (03) 6166 8442
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.