Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Salary: $95,033 to $107,840 pro-rata, per annum.
Classification: General Stream Band 6.
Award: Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award.
Period of Employment/Hours:
Permanent full-time day work, working 76 hours per fortnight commencing ASAP. Please note that part-time hours may be considered by negotiation.
- Please also note that this process may be used to fill permanent, fixed-term and casual opportunities that arise in the near future.
Location: Health ICT - North.
- Develop and implement strategies for the Agency’s online presence, preparing accurate and timely reports, briefings, policies, and papers, including providing specialist advice and informed comments on the performance potential of the Agency’s online presence.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of Agency websites, ensuring the Agency’s websites meet best practice standards and comply with legislative requirements, the Tasmanian Government Communications Policy, and other Agency policies and protocols.
- Support a small team to deliver timely and high-quality online services.
- Coordinate services undertaken by outside contractors and vendors for Agency websites.
- Develop and maintain effective networks, interactions and working relationships throughout the Agency and across the government.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Statement of Duties and Applicant Guide:
513969 Coordinator - Online Services Band 6 (September 2021) HR.pdf
513969 Coordinator - Online Services Band 6 (September 2021) HR.docx
Department of Health – Applicant Guide - PDF
Department of Health – Applicant Guide - Word
How to apply:
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply Now" button on this screen.
Applications will only be accepted online. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Please complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
For further information contact:
Manager - Finance Systems and Online Services
Phone: 0402 069 397
The email account you provide when making job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details.
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.