$ 95,033.00 to $ 107,840.00 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 6
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
--------------- -------------- ----------- ------------------------
We are a values-based workplace committed to attracting, empowering and retaining a diverse and resilient workforce. Our people help create strong, active and inclusive communities. Find out how this role could work for you
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term part-time day work (60.80 hours per fortnight) commencing ASAP for a period of 12 months.
- Please note: Other fixed term part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Housing, Disability & Community Service s- Disability Services Policy and Programs - Hobart
Primary Purpose / Focus :
The objective of the Project is to deliver a contemporary Disability (Services) Act that aligns with the role of the Tasmanian Government in supporting Tasmanians with disability, supporting the delivery of high quality and safe services for people with disability and supporting National and International commitments.
The Project Officer will provide support to the delivery of the Review of the Disability Services Act (DSA) and the establishment of a Tasmanian Disability Commissioner.
Selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, be analytical and creative, and to understand the complex organisational, social, economic, and political factors that impact on and inform project and policy development, and implementation.
- Demonstrated high level ability and experience in research and content analysis, including the capacity to analyse diverse and complex information, summarise and communicate findings.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly convey ideas and information, prepare complex documentation including high level correspondence, project documentation, briefings, and reports.
- Note : - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for ALL the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- e) serious traffic offences (If Driver's License is an Essential Requirement )
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : 526322 Project Officer - DSA Review Band 6 (August 2021) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : 526322 Project Officer - DSA Review Band 6 (August 2021) HAHSA.docx
Applicant Guide - Communities Tasmania_2020.pdf
Applicant Guide - Communities Tasmania_2020.docx
*** All interested applicants are encouraged to read the Applicant Guide and to discuss the specific details of the vacancy with the Contact Officer. ***
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Maryanne Lewis
Phone: (mob) 0437 584 910
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please DO NOT send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
If you have any difficulty accessing/using the online application process please email your application documents (preferably combined as 1 word or pdf document only) AND a copy of the application form (below) to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
~ Creating strong, active and inclusive communities ~ Visit us at www.communities.tas.gov.au