Team Leader (519716)
Department of Health
Info Management & Technology Servs
Info Management & Technology Servs
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award/General Stream, Band 7|
|Salary:||$113,010 to $118,998 pro rata, per annum|
|| Full Time
$113,010 to $118,998 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 7.
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award.
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (with on-call) (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: this position will be based in the North but other state-wide permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Information Management & Technology Services - North
- Lead the delivery of high-quality services and strategy by securing a shared team commitment to ensure agreed program delivery and/or projects and /or business continuity plans are translated into pragmatic and feasible operational outcomes. Create the shared team vision by clearly articulating business priorities while being prepared to adapt to changing circumstances to achieve results.
- Source, verify and provide authoritative advice and guidance to senior executives, the line manager, customers and other stakeholders on diverse and complex business matters. Identify and address complex or specialised branch issues. This includes coordinating the planning, implementation and delivery of innovative, integrated, cost-effective and sustainable solutions that meet customer requirements and improve the customer experience. The role may be required to represent the branch at business forums or meetings.
- Lead and manage specialised teams and create and foster a culture of high performance within the team by modelling and implementing exemplary people management practices that encompass the following:
- proactive performance development and performance management for all direct reports;
- staff engagement that builds respect, resilience and proactive conflict resolution across the team;
- contingency planning;
- appropriate team member accountability.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in business management, ICT, information management or related discipline.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF): Generic Team Leader Band 7 (February 2021).pdf
Statement of Duties (Word): Generic Team Leader Band 7 (February 2021).docx
Short Form Application Guide (PDF): Short_Form_Application_-_Guidelines_for_Applicants_-_Feb_2019.pdf
Short Form Application Guide (Word): Short_Form_Application_-_Guidelines_for_Applicants_-_Feb_2019.docx
For more information (Contact Officer)
Name: Steven Levis
Phone: (03) 6166 3983
How to apply:
- To apply, please provide a copy of your CV that outlines your responsibilities and achievements in previous roles, with two referees and a 1-2 page summary on why you are the best person for the job.
- The Tasmania State Service values and encourages diversity at all levels of employment, and flexible and contemporary working arrangements are offered to support this.
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.health.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now