Senior Investigation and Review Officer (357531)
Department of Justice
Office of the Ombudsman and Health Complaints Commissioner
Right to Information
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 6|
|Salary:||$96,100.00 to $108,822.00 per annum, pro rata|
|| Fixed-term, full-time
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term for a period of 6 months
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight - flexible options available.
- Assist the Ombudsman in the fulfillment of the Ombudsman's responsibilities under the Right to Information Act 2009.
- Conduct reviews under the Right to Information Act 2009. This will include high level negotiations with senior managers and officials of public authorities.
- Provide the Ombudsman with high quality advice and support in the fulfillment of the Ombudsman's responsibilities under the Right to Information Act and collate and review documents and evidence
- Prepare written decisions in relation to applications for review of decisions under the Right to Information Act, and assist and advise other officers with the preparation of such decisions.
- Deliver Right to Information training and educational programs, and assist with staff training.
- Assist in enhancing the public profile of the office including developing networks and assisting in the implementation of outreach programs.
Current drivers licence.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (357531) Senior Investigation and Review Officer.DOCX
Statement of Duties (357531) Senior Investigation and Review Officer.pdf
Information for Applicants (DOJ) Short Form Application.docx
Information for Applicants (DOJ) Short Form Application.pdf
FAQs Short Form Application.docx
FAQs Short Form Application.pdf
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button.
Refer to the 'Information for Applicants (DOJ)' document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4902
For more information
Principal Officer (Right to Information)
Phone: (03) 6166 4574
Back to search results Apply now