We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTIQ+) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term for a period of 12 months
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight - flexible options available.
- Provide a wide range of administrative duties for the efficient and effective delivery of services relating to the Guardianship and Administration Board including preparation for hearings, settling orders after a hearing, de-identification of statements of reasons and management of confidential client files, processing mail and maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain registers including registering new applications, orders and statements of reasons, preparing correspondence to interested parties and inputting data to the case tracking system.
- Under direction from the Registrar, process accounts of the Board and assist with the preparation of financial reports as required.
- Maintain and update the Board’s website including the design and redesign of basic forms and smart forms for use by staff and members of the public.
- To provide community education on the jurisdiction of the Board by monitoring and compiling information on the Board’s website, maintaining an education calendar of events presented by the Board, monitoring community feedback to education issues and public information resources.
- Assist the Registrar with the processing of applications and instruments and the recording of decisions, post-hearing processes (e.g. notifications, production of reasons, reports and reviews) and complex enquiries.
- Provide executive support to the President and the Registrar.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
• Arson and fire setting
• Violent crimes and crimes against the person
• Sex-related offences
• Drug and alcohol related offences
• Crimes involving dishonesty
• Crimes involving deception
• Making false declarations
• Malicious damage and destruction to property
• Serious traffic offences
• Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
• Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
• Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (356873) Registry Clerk (June 2021).doc
Statement of Duties (356873) Registry Clerk (June 2021).pdf
Information for Applicants (DOJ) Short Form Application.docx
Information for Applicants (DOJ) Short Form Application.pdf
FAQs Short Form Application.docx
FAQs Short Form Application.pdf
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button.
Refer to the 'Information for Applicants (DOJ)' document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4946.
For more information
Registrar Guardianship and Administration Board
Phone: (03) 6165 7500