Fire Crew Supervisor (707231)
Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
Parks & Wildlife Service
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||AWU (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award - General Stream Band 4|
|Salary:||$72,887.00 to $84,041.00 per annum|
|| Permanent, flexible, Permanent, full-time
|| North West
DPIPWE is committed to investing in its people to ensure a sustainable and successful organisation through a positive workplace culture and highly capable employees. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what flexibility could look like for you.
Hours per fortnight
76.0 hours per fortnight (minimum 60.8 hours, by negotiation) in accordance with an approved roster.
Lead, direct and supervise teams of fire-fighters in fighting fires and other fire management related tasks including prescribed burning, clearing of vegetation, maintenance of fire trails, firebreaks and waterholes. Supervise maintenance of fire-fighting and other equipment used in these tasks. Assist in other regional operations when not required for fire management.
- Successful completion of the fire-fighter fitness assessment at the ‘Arduous’ level (4.83 km walk carrying 20.5 kg in 45 minutes or less).
- Minimum of 2000 hours fire-fighting experience or 6 seasons in fire crew (or equivalent).
- Complete requirements for Certificate II and Certificate III - Public Safety (fire-fighting operations).
- Complete requirements for Certificate IV - Public Safety (fire-fighting supervision) or equivalent.
- Medium Rigid drivers licence.
- Remote Area First Aid.
- Tree Fallers.
- Minimum of 2 seasons providing instruction and guidance to inexperienced fire-fighters for minimum of 50 days with 10 individuals
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
707231 - Fire Crew Supervisor .docx
707231 - Fire Crew Supervisor .pdf
Advice to Applicants (DPIPWE).docx
Advice to Applicants (DPIPWE).pdf
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please apply online by clicking the blue "Apply Now" button.
Refer to the 'Advice to Applicants' document for further information.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact Recruitment on (03) 6165 3174.
For more information on the position please contact:
Fire Crew Manager
Phone 0418 513 695
Back to search results Apply now