- Undertake general duties and provide assistance/direction to the public.
- Provide internal and external mail services.
- Portray a professional and friendly image at all times when dealing with staff and the general public.
- Maintain confidentiality and work according to all Agency and Hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The Hospital Receptionist provides a friendly, professional and efficient front of house reception to member of the public, patients and staff. Duties are undertaken in an efficient and discrete manner, acknowledging the importance of confidentiality. Generally, two shifts are worked 7am-2.36pm and 12md - 7.36pm on alternate Fridays.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, shift worker position working 15.2 hours per fortnight on Fridays only, commencing as soon as possible
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $51,243 to $62,081 pro rata, per annum. Our Employer 11% superannuation contribution is on top of this amount.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Salary range is in accordance with Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2022
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Team Leader - Communications
Phone: (03) 6777 6791
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.