The North West Palliative Care Team:
- The North West Specialist Palliative Care Service is a growing community based consultative service, providing community client care and hospital and aged care in-reach services.
- The multidisciplinary team which consists of medical, nursing, allied health and administration disciplines provide palliative care advice, education and support to healthcare providers across North West Tasmania.
- Staff work across diverse care environments including inpatient, community and Residential Aged Care Facilities - working closely with GP's, consultants, community nursing services, hospital staff and those working in aged care to ensure an integrated palliative approach with improved client and carer outcomes.
As part of an interdisciplinary team delivering high quality specialist palliative care, provide expert knowledge utilising an advanced clinical framework in the assessment and management of clients referred to the Specialist Palliative Care Service.
Work in collaboration with the NUM and other senior staff to ensure the efficient and effective provision of palliative care nursing practice based on contemporary best practice within a collaborative interdisciplinary framework.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Multiple permanent full time and part time day worker positions working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing 8 April 2024.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $103,466 - $109,165 pro rata per annum. Our Employer 11% superannuation contribution is on top of this amount.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible. (delete if no access)
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available: (edit and delete as required)
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2023
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Driver’s Licence
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds or is working towards relevant post graduate qualifications.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
For more information
Position: Director of Nursing - Chronic, Complex and Community Services
Phone: (03) 6478 6160
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.