- Provision of effective and efficient administrative and clerical support service to the Director of Nursing - NESM Hospital and staff at the North Eastern Soldiers Memorial (NESM) Hospital in Scottsdale.
- Provide reception support to all health staff, and service to the public.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- The North Eastern Soldiers Memorial Hospital is located in Scottsdale which is in the north east part of Tasmania
- The NESMH is a rural 18 bed sub acute inpatient hospital.
- The Admin officer works within a team which provides clerical support to the staff who provide inpatient and outreach services for people living in the area.
- This position may be asked to work at short notice
Details of Appointment
Fixed term, casual, day worker position working as and when required, commencing from 24 February 2024 until 25 January 2026
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $64,125 to $68,925 pro rata, per annum. Our Employer 11% superannuation contribution is on top of this amount.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Salary range is in accordance with Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2022
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information
Position: Director of Nursing - NESM Hospital
Phone: (03) 6778 8523
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.