It’s different here.
Today, as the rest of the world feels increasingly generic, our uniqueness, our Tasmanian way, truly sets us apart as a paradise found.
Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
Think short commutes, a feeling of community, safe and affordable schooling, uncrowded beaches, festivals and markets. And then there's our amazing food, wine, whisky, beer and cider.
There is so much on offer and so much more to discover.
We are small enough for you to be able to shape and influence your work, yet large enough for you to know that you’re part of something special.
To find out more about this wonderful part of the world, visit our careers website.
As a Registered Nurse at the Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH), you will form part of a team that supports Tasmania’s only tertiary referral hospital. The RHH provides acute, sub-acute, mental health and aged care inpatient and outpatient services. It supports around 250,000 Tasmanians in the southern region together with specialist referrals from the rest of the State.
We are currently seeking Nurses in the following areas:
- Medical and Cancer Services (General Medicine, Oncology, Cardiology, Geriatrics, Renal, Respiratory, Stroke, Endocrine)
- Surgical Services (Orthopaedic, Trauma, General Surgical, Vascular, Burns, Neurosurgery, Plastics, Urology, Anaesthetics and Recovery)
- Sub-acute Services (Fast and Slow Stream Rehab, Rural and Remote Nursing, Palliative Care)
- Paediatrics (Special Care, Adolescents, Neonatal ICU, Paediatrics)
- Permanent Pool (Nurse Bank)
The fine print:
- Permanent, full time and part time shift work (fully rotational), working up to 76 hours per fortnight
- Registered Nurse Grade 3-4
- $69,835 - $96,428 per annum, pro-rata plus penalty rates, plus 11% superannuation and access to salary packaging which includes a range of benefits like living expenses up to $9,010 and $2,650 in meals and entertainment every year
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $90,293 - $96,428 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
- Post Graduate Allowance up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance up to $500 per annum
You will be required to meet the following essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
The Head of the State Service has determined that the people nominated for these vacancies are to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences (for roles requiring a driver’s licence)
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
How to apply:
Apply Online. Click the "Apply now" button on this screen.
During this brief process we will be asking you the following:
- Your right to work in Australia or your need for sponsorship
- How you meet the essential requirements for a nursing role
- Your work experience and specialist skills
- Your work preferences
- A current CV or resume
- The details of two referees
Statement of Duties
For more information, please contact:
Nursing and Midwifery Recruitment Unit
Phone: +61 3 6166 7935
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.