Under the general supervision of the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM), the Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM) or the Department Manager:
Hospital Aides assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment and adequate stock supply (excluding drugs) to enable clinical staff to deliver a high standard of care to patients in the ward/unit.
It is expected the role will have direct contact with blood or body substances or infectious material, which needs to be considered in all tasks undertaken.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
This role would suit an applicant who would like to work across a variety of areas within the hospital in a fast paced, physical role.
The Hospital Aide-Pool position requires someone who likes variety in their day and work life and manages changing priorities with ease.
Support is provided by both the Pool Office and clinical areas.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, shift worker position working 40 hours per fortnight, commencing from 5 February 2023
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $56,489 to $57,845 pro rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information
Position: NUM (Pool)
Phone: (03) 6777 6901
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.