The Registered Nurse:
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- We are located in the historical town of Beaconsfield, a scenic 45 minutes’ drive from Launceston. National Parks, beaches and historical sites are all within a short drive from the town
- You will find, Beaconsfield District Health Service is known for its welcoming environment, with strong team work and positive attitudes.
- Beaconsfield District Health Service provides care to a complex patient cohort, Respite clients, Aged care residents, Emergency presentations and sub-acute clients.
Details of Appointment
Fixed Term, part time, shift-worker (fully rotational) position, working 32 hours per fortnight, commencing from 26 January 2022 until 11 January 2024
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $67,982 - $93,964 pro rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 - $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award/Registered Nurse, Grade 3-4
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information
Position: Nurse Unit Manager - Beaconsfield
Phone: (03) 6702 6060
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.