The Department of Health is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Clinical Nurse Consultant - Safe Haven vacancy.
Please note this position is also being advertised as an Allied Health Professional - Safe Haven (526440d) and only one position will be filled on merit.
The Safe Haven provides support to people in suicidal or situational distress and their families, friends, or support networks in a safe and supportive environment. They emphasise safety planning and are grounded in connection, compassion, and hope.
As part of a small specialist team delivering high quality mental health services in accordance with the National Standards for Mental Health Services, Agency policy and direction and legal requirements, and relevant professional competencies, the Clinical Nurse Consultant will provide:
- Day to day clinical oversight of the service, including effective management of human and physical resources as required.
- Ongoing leadership, direction and change management to support service development and optimise potential outcomes from the endorsed Operational Service Model.
- Specialist assessments and brief interventions to individual service users.
- Information and referral to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders as required to achieve quality outcomes for service users.
- Actively contribute to the culture, leadership and day to day management of the Safe Haven to ensure the provision of timely high quality, clinical and psychosocial support that promotes independence, opportunity and recovery in the community and offers a realistic alternative to presentation to the Emergency Department and admission to hospital.
- Provide ongoing support to Safe Haven Peer Workers as required including providing regular opportunities for debriefing.
- Support consumers, and families/friends, as experts and leaders of their own care
- Actively uphold a culture of hope by using optimistic language, supporting people and celebrating people’s recovery efforts.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, shift-worker (fully rotational) position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Mental Health Services - South
Learn more about our beautiful State here: https://tasmanian.com.au/
$102,080 to $108,528 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
• Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
• Professional Development Allowance of up to $750 per annum
Please note that the successful applicant will be eligible to be paid a Community Mental Health Multidisciplinary Allowance.
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service Agreement) 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds or is working towards a relevant post graduate qualification
- Experience in community mental health settings
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Senior Occupational Therapist
Phone: 0436 860 305
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.