Centre for Mental Health Service Innovation
The Centre for Mental Health Service Innovation are seeking highly skilled and experienced Research Practitioners (PhD or equivalent), to undertake specialist investigation and evaluation resulting in research outcomes and published evidence related to service implementation, clinical interventions, workforce development for child and adolescent mental health services or other mental health service innovation.
These positions may be assigned to undertake specific research programs/initiatives including (but not limited to):
- A Review of contemporary approaches to delivering best practice behavioural interventions for children and adolescents with autism and related conditions
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health service implementation and innovation
- An Evaluation of the Tasmanian Suicide Prevention Strategy
The Centre for Mental Health Service Innovation is a joint Department of Health (DoH)/University of Tasmania (UTAS) research agency which is currently hosted by Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) within DoH.
Please note: Multiple positions are available until 31 December 2023.
- Postgraduate research qualification or equivalent in a relevant clinical discipline, with extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of mental health issues in relation to children and adolescents.
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into a public health setting.
- High level strategic, conceptual, and analytical skills, along with the ability to provide specialist advice, support, and leadership, including contributing to training, policy and planning processes and the development of strategic research and workforce development initiatives and priorities.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, presentation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills, together with the ability to develop and maintain networks and liaise with professional bodies and a broad range of internal and external health professionals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the demonstrated capacity to inspire a positive attitude towards work and to support others to succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare timely and high-quality documentation for a range of audiences.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) - South
Benefits of working with Department of Health/Mental Health
Flexible working arrangements, career development, professional development opportunities, working in a dynamic team environment, fast-paced environment.
Details of Appointment
Fixed term, full time, day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible until 31 December 2023. Please note fixed term, part-time arrangements will also be considered.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - South
Learn more about our beautiful State here: https://tasmanian.com.au/
$111,672 to $118,949 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
• Professional Development Allowance of up to $724 per annum for the ability to accrue fund up to five years
• Post graduate qualification salary advancement where applicable
- Please note that access to salaries beyond $115,819 is subject to qualifications and/or application to the personal upgrade scheme
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Degree in Social Work giving eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers; or
- Registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia; or
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Current Working with Children Registration.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Completion, or progression towards the completion, of a postgraduate research qualification or equivalent relevant to the position
- Expertise in the design and conduct of research and evaluation and holds a publication record/published research experience
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Statewide Clinical Director - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
Phone: (03) 6166 6246
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.