The Registered Nurse:
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Ward 5A is a dynamic 32 bed surgical ward
- The 5A Team prides itself in having a strong, supportive culture and strives for high standards of care
- Ward 5A is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients and the Tasmanian community
Details of Appointment
Permanent part time shift-worker position working 64 hours per fortnight, commencing from 8 Jan 2023
Permanent part time shift-worker position working 56 hours per fortnight, commencing from 8 Jan 2023
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $67,982 to $93,964 pro rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 - $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6777 6846
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.