Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
The Registered Nurse:
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- St Marys is a small township nestle at the junction of the Tasman Highway and the Esk Highway on the way to the East Coast of Tasmania. St Marys is 128km east of Launceston.
- The locals are friendly and there are some great cafes, quaint shops with local art and craft and a grand old pub in the heart of town. Within walking distance it St Patrick’s Head and South Sister Peak, with panoramic views of surrounding forest, coastline and the Tasman Sea.
Within the local area (driving)
- Nearby waterfalls including Mathina Falls with its four spectacular 17 metre drops
- The Coalminers’ Heritage Walls at the tiny settlement of Cornwall is a monument to the hard working miners of the past and the scenic Fingal Valley
- St Helens mountain bike trails
- Derby mountain bike trails
- 10 minute drive to Scamander beach
- 40 minute drive to Bicheno
- 40 minute drive to the Bay of Fires (Bingalong Beach)
3. The hospital has 8 subacute/acute beds, community health nursing, ED and a co-located GP practice. The current nursing model is am shift: 3 nurses, pm shift 2 RNs, ND: 1 RN 1 EN.Fixed term, casual, shift work (fully rotational), position working as and when required, commencing from 1 August 2022 until 31 July 2024
Details of Appointment
Fixed term, casual, shift work (fully rotational), position working as and when required, commencing from 1 August 2022 until 31 July 2024
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $67,982- $93,964 pro rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 - $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award/Registered Nurse, Grade 3-4
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Acting Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6387 5555
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.