Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Functioning as an advanced clinical practitioner and providing direct, advisory, support and educational services within the Launceston General Hospital Operating Room Suite, the Clinical Nurse Consultant Equipment and Materials Operating Room Suite (EMORS):
• Provides expert contemporary clinical advice, leadership and education in the provision of equipment and materials and the maintenance of a safe perioperative environment across the Operating Room Suite.
• Undertakes a leadership role in ensuring that clinical equipment and materials services meet quality and safety standards and are in accordance with agency performance objectives and expectations.
• Facilitates the development and maintenance of strong communication links both within the Operating Room Suite and with associated health service providers, product evaluation committee, consumers and other key groups to ensure effective and cost-efficient equipment and materials management.
• In consultation with the Nurse Unit Manager - Operating Room Suite (ORS) and Clinical Nurse Educators (CNE), provides direction and coordinates the clinical, management, education and research functions related to stock and products and provide guidance and day to day operational supervision for non-clinical support members of the perioperative services team.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day work position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $102,080- $108,528 per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds or is working towards a relevant post-graduate tertiary qualification
- Member of relevant professional nursing organisation
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Operating Room Suite Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6777 6626
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.