Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Carry out planning and treatment of patients with x-rays, electrons or radiation from sealed sources as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist.
Associated duties including patient care, general and technical administration.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The Area & Team:
- The The WP Holman Clinic, Royal Hobart Hospital, is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for multiple vacancies. The clinic provides service to the southern half of Tasmania and is equipped with Varian linear accelerators, a Canon CT Simulator and the Eclipse treatment planning system. The clinic provides a range of treatments including stereotactic body radiation therapy.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day work with on call position, working 76 hours per fortnight/as and when required, commencing as soon as possible
* Please note that actual hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $76,421 - $114,333 per annum. Our Employer 10% superannuation contribution is on top of this amount.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information Contact:
Chief Radiation Therapist
Phone: (03) 6166 8616
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.