Provide quality specialist and sub-specialty medical services to the Launceston General Hospital (LGH) within the limits of specified clinical privileges.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Launceston is a beautiful and accessible part of Tasmania with the opportunity for work life balance above what is afforded in larger cities.
Make It Tasmania | Move for jobs, affordable homes and great lifestyle
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day work ( with on call), 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1- Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 3 $163,005 - $247,768 per annum
Please note that access to the Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner salary range $234,726 -$247,768 is subject to the successful applicant satisfying the criteria for Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1, 2 or 3 as outlined in the Medical Practitioners (Tasmanian State Service) Award
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Provision of a fully maintained private plated motor vehicle or motor vehicle allowance of $25,758 per annum
- Communication allowance of $1,948 per annum
- Continuing Professional Development Allowance of $24,927 per annum
- 10.5% Employer Superannuation Contribution
- Access to Salary Packaging
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential requirements:
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply online only. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information contact:
Position:Executive Assistant Dept Surgery, Keryn Haywood
Phone: (03) 67776591
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.
Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.