Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
$123,125 to $131,482 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 8
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of Employment/Hours:
Permanent, full-time, day work working 76 hours per fortnight commencing ASAP. Please note that part time hours may be considered.
Please also note that this process may be used to fill permanent and fixed term opportunities that arise in the near future.
- Provide high-level ICT advice to Technical Services management, other relevant managers and Ambulance Tasmania’s Senior Executives on strategic, operational and tactical processes relative to Ambulance Tasmania’s critical and emergency systems.
- Establish documentation to support adherence to best practice principles relevant to Ambulance Tasmania’s ICT systems, including processes, planning, maintenance, management, Disaster Recovery and ICT Business continuity.
- Development of policies and procedures and standards, as well as Minutes, Budget Submissions, reports and other documentation for organisational, Departmental and Government purposes.
- Establish and review processes to enable rapid identification, management and resolution of issues and risks.
- Undertake investigations of critical systems issues and provide timely reporting and documentation, including recommendations to relevant managers and Senior Executives and relevant managers.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent professional ICT experience in a similar organisation
Substantial experience within the ICT field, including undertaking senior roles
Extensive high-level experience and skills in ICT Project Management, research, planning, analysis and problem solving
Experience in ambulance or emergency management with understanding of the critical ICT systems used to support ambulance communication operations
Out of hours on call services is required as part of a rotating on-call roster
Statement of Duties and Applicant Guide:
524988 Emergency ICT Critical Systems Specialist Band 8 (October 2021) HR.pdf
524988 Emergency ICT Critical Systems Specialist Band 8 (October 2021) HR.docx
Department of Health – Applicant Guide - PDF
Department of Health – Applicant Guide - Word
How to apply:
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply Now" button on this screen.
Applications will only be accepted online. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Please complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
For further information contact
Manager, State Operations Centre
Phone: 0428 349 882
The email account you provide when making job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details.
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.