Registered Nurse - Community Mental Health (505039)
Department of Health
Community, Mental Health & Wellbeing
CMHW - MH & Statewide Services
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award/Registered Nurse, Grade 3-4|
|| Part Time
|Location:||Level 2, Carruthers Building|
$66,421 to $91,807 pro-rata per annum
Access to the Grade 4 salary range $85,950 - $91,807 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4.
Registered Nurse Grade 3-4
Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award 2019
Period of Employment
Permanent, part-time, day work, working 38 hours per commencing as soon as possible.
Please note that hours and days can be negotiated with successful applicant.
Please also note that this process may be used to fill fixed term and casual opportunities as they arise.
Level 2, Carruthers Building, New Town
The Registered Nurse - Community Mental Health:
- Consistent with ongoing experience, strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals and community sector organisations within the defined community practice area.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team, delivering high quality mental health services, provides a specialist mental health service within the community setting for a designated client group utilising evidence-based practices and recovery principles.
- In collaboration with members of the healthcare team plan, implement and evaluates patient/client care.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
e) Serious traffic offences
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
- Possess specialist tertiary graduate or postgraduate mental health/psychiatric nursing qualification.
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Generic Registered Nurse - Community Mental Health (South) G3-4 (March 2021) (1).pdf
Generic Registered Nurse - Community Mental Health (South) G3-4 (March 2021) (1).doc
How to apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply Now" button on this screen.
Applications will only be accepted online. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form, complete/upload your selection criteria responses and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
The email account you provide when making job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details.
For further information contact
Phone: (03) 6166 1161
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now