$95,033 to $107,840 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 6.
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award.
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term full-time day work (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation) commencing ASAP for a period of 2 years.
- Please note: Other fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Human Resources - South
- Lead the delivery of a high-quality integrated client service by overseeing:
- organisational design and establishment management activities across the Department
- recruitment and selection services across Department portfolios.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, development, practical guidance, supervision and direction to team members to enable core business to be delivered and a high standard of proactive, client-focused service maintained.
- Provide specialist advice on a range of complex employment and organisational design policy and procedure issues to support consistent and high-quality service provision.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with stakeholders and clients to understand their employment needs and develop and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Prepare complex correspondence and documentation in liaison with the Office of the Secretary, the State Service Management Office, the Department’s Industrial Relations unit and other key internal stakeholders.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF): 524515 HR Consultant - Employment and Organisational Design (3 May 2021).pdf
Statement of Duties (Word): 524515 HR Consultant - Employment and Organisational Design (3 May 2021).docx
Department of Health Applicant Guide.pdf
Department of Health Applicant Guide.docx
For more information (Contact Officer)
Name: Trish Spence
Phone: (03) 6166 7106
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.health.tas.gov.au