Oral Health Therapist/Dental Therapist (501229)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Southern Region
THS - Sth - Oral Health Services Tas
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||AH Professional Level 1 Yr 1|
|Salary:||$53,977 to $87,659 per annum|
|| Full Time
|Location:||Kelham Street, Launceston|
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day worker working 76 hours per fortnight to commence as soon as possible. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
• Provide dental care for eligible clients of the Children’s Dental Service of Oral Health Services Tasmania (OHST) in accordance with the scope of practice outlined by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Dental Board of Australia).
• Provide health education and health promotion and preventative programs for clients, their families or carers, communities and other relevant stakeholders.
• Provide dental services for eligible adults in accordance with the scope of practice outlined by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Dental Board of Australia) as prescribed by a Dental Officer.
Please note: OHST strongly encourages registered Oral Heath Therapists AND Dental Therapists to apply.
- Registered with the Dental Board of Australia.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Oral Health Therapist-Dental Therapist HP1-2 (October 2015) HPRNL WWCT.pdf
Generic Oral Health Therapist-Dental Therapist HP1-2 (October 2015) HPRNL WWCT.doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Senior Oral Health Therapist
(03) 6777 1107 or 0429 310 723
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now