We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTIQ+) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight - flexible options available.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define business requirements for the successful delivery of projects.
- Develop business requirements, business cases, option papers, procurement documents, baseline documents, work plans and other business analysis outputs as needed.
- Describe and analyse problems and provide options to resolve.
- Undertake the management of small projects in accordance with the Agency’s current project management practices.
- Liaise with external suppliers, other Agencies and other areas of this Agency involved in the implementation of changes impacted by specific projects.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification level.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
• Arson and fire setting
• Violent crimes and crimes against the person
• Sex-related offences
• Drug and alcohol related offences
• Crimes involving dishonesty
• Crimes involving deception
• Making false declarations
• Malicious damage and destruction to property
• Serious traffic offences
• Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
• Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
• Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experience working with agile methodologies
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (357365) Senior Business Analyst (April 2021).docx
Statement of Duties (357365) Senior Business Analyst (April 2021).pdf
Information for Applicants (DOJ).doc
Information for Applicants (DOJ).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button. You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
For more information
Business Analyst Team Leader (Justice Connect)
(03) 6165 4958