We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Period of Appointment
5 July 2021 - 24 September 2021
Hours per fortnight
42 hours per fortnight (0.6 FTE)
Undertake teaching and assessment duties in a variety of contexts and in line with relevant standards and compliance requirements. The occupant is required to regularly monitor and evaluate practice in order to maintain a focus on continuous improvement.
In this role, you will be working with prisoners on their employability skills, career planning and literacy for work. You will need to have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain professional boundaries. You will need to be flexible and creative in delivery with a focus on literacy and numeracy development in your students. You will have experience working with individuals with numerous barriers to learning and be able to work effectively in a small team.
- Current Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status - Employment)
The Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013 requires persons undertaking work in a regulated activity to be registered. A regulated activity is a child related service or activity defined in the Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Regulations 2014. This registration must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of this may be checked at any time during employment.
- The following requirements as detailed in the Australian Skills Quality Authority Standards For Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 are essential:
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor.
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
AND one of the following:
1. TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or its successor, or
2. TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
AND one of the following:
1. TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or its successor, or
2. TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools, or
3. TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
The equivalent of the above – refer to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
Eligible for Specialist Vocational Education and Training registration; or limited authority to teach granted by the Teachers Registration Board (Tasmania) in accordance with the provisions of the Teachers Registration Act 2000. A person with a limited authority to teach can only be employed on a fixed-term basis.
- Experience in a vocational education training environment.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Teacher - B1 L1-8 - Generic.docx
Teacher - B1 L1-8 - Generic.pdf
Employment Application Guidelines.docx
Employment Application Guidelines.pdf
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
Applicants should forward/include:
- a statement addressing the selection criteria
- relevant personal details and work history
All applicants are required to supply a valid email address with their application for the purposes of email communication.
The cost associated with obtaining a Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status - Employment) is the responsibility of the individual.
For more information
Education Manager- General Education
Phone: 0428 002 230