We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTIQ+) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term full time for 3 years
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight - flexible options available.
- Provide timely and accurate information and guidance on legislation administered by the Unit and identify possible breaches where appropriate.
- Conduct complex performance audits of licensed practitioners, contractors, permit authorities and Councils.
- Investigate complaints, allegations and other matters as directed by the Assistant Director, Compliance and Dispute Resolution.
- Prepare complex briefs of evidence, reports and recommendations in relation to investigations and performance audits in a timely manner.
- Provide evidence in court actions and appear before Appeal bodies as required.
- Promote, develop and assist with the implementation of programs, policy and guidelines that improve understanding of and compliance with relevant legislation.
- Manage compliance and advisory projects and provide direction and support where necessary.
- As required perform other tasks and duties within the division.
- Current Tasmanian driver licence.
- Certificate IV Compliance or equivalent relevant qualification.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (Generic) Senior Compliance Officer.docx
Statement of Duties (Generic) Senior Compliance Officer.pdf
Information for Applicants (DOJ) Short Form Application.docx
Information for Applicants (DOJ) Short Form Application.pdf
FAQs Short Form Application.docx
FAQs Short Form Application.pdf
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button.
Refer to the 'Information for Applicants (DOJ)' document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 [add your ph number]
For more information
Cameron Le Fevre
Assistant Director, Compliance and Dispute Resolution
Phone: (03) 6166 4780