We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that understands the importance of flexibility. Talk to us about what flexibility may look like for you.
Period of Appointment
• Provide business partnering services that demonstrate and promote a client service culture, the department’s values and empowers managers to deliver effective people management and workforce strategy objectives.
• Provide expert advice and develop successful outcomes in workforce planning, recruitment, change management, performance, job design and classification and organisational development.
• Provide value-added expertise, coaching and support to manager and investigate and resolve a range of complex case management matters including workplace conflict, unsatisfactory performance, absence management and/or other sensitive matters.
• Collaborate proactively with portfolio managers to understand their workforce requirements and business priorities to develop future workforce capability and succession plans.
• Work with portfolio areas to implement, educate and embed, at a business unit level, a range of people management practices, policies and programs to improve business outcomes.
• Participate in and / or manage cross-functional initiatives, as determined in the People and Culture Business Plan.
• Prepare high level correspondence, reports, proposals, plans, discussion papers and recommendations that are accurate and succinct relating to human resource management.
• Participate and contribute to relevant departmental and divisional management forums, represent the department on relevant human resource management, committees and working groups.
• A relevant qualification in human resource management or related discipline
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Statement of Duties.docx
Statement of Duties.pdf
Advice to Applicants.DOCX
Advice to Applicants.pdf
For more information
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Post your application with the above application form to:
People and Culture
Department of State Growth
GPO Box 536
HOBART TAS 7001