Senior Manager Financial Audit Services (356924)
Tasmanian Audit Office
Office of the Auditor General
Financial Audit Services
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 7|
|Salary:||$106,497.00 to $112,134.00 per annum|
|| Fixed-term, flexible
Please note that a one page response to the selection criteria is required for this position
Period of Appointment
Fixed term for 2 years
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight. We recognise the value in flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
- Effectively manage a team by providing clear direction, developing the knowledge, skills and experience of all team members, providing constructive feedback and managing performance.
- Manage the people resources of the team to deliver allocated work that meets the agreed requirements and expectations within established timeframes and budgets.
- Ensure all work is carried out with due regard to relevant legislation, internal policies and procedures, Office values, integrity and independence principles.
- Ensure all allocated assurance work meets the requirements of the auditing standards and is carried out within the framework of the Office’s audit methodology.
- Understand and determine the range of information technology and computer systems relevant to current and future business needs. Utilise current information technology and computer systems to complete audit work, analyse data and prepare reports.
- Be the primary contact for assigned audits and take on responsibility for the overall quality of those audits including the direction and supervision of the audit team.
- Recommend/issue appropriate audit and other assurance opinions.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders and actively participate in relevant forums.
- Provide advice and make decisions based on professional and technical expertise, experience, knowledge and interpretation of key legislative requirements and application of force-of-law Accounting and Auditing Standards.
- Develop reports that include compelling narrative with observations and recommendations that are supported by appropriate evidence and analysis of data.
- Actively participate in management activities, including the FAS management team and contribute to the enhancement of the practices of the Office to achieve high-quality outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following; Arson and fire setting; Violent crimes and crimes against the person; Sex-related offences; Drug and alcohol related offences; Crimes involving dishonesty; Crimes involving deception; Making false declarations; Malicious damage and destruction to property; Serious traffic offences; Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice; Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power; Crimes involving Conspiracy.
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Identification check.
- A tertiary qualification at degree level in a relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Completion of a recognised accounting/auditing certificate program, that includes either three years supervised/mentored practical experience or five years unsupervised practical experience in accounting/auditing).
- Driver’s Licence.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (Generic) Senior Manager Financial Audit Services (General Stream).DOCX
Statement of Duties (Generic) Senior Manager Financial Audit Services (General Stream).pdf
Information for Applicants (Audit).docx
Information for Applicants (Audit).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to us at email@example.com
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Audit Office
GPO Box 825
Hobart TAS 7001
For more information
Assistant Auditor-General Financial Audit Services
(03) 6173 0900
Back to search results Apply now