Enforcement Officer (355226)
Department of Justice
Monetary Penalties Enforcement Service
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 3|
|Salary:||$60,753.00 to $65,780.00 per annum|
|| Fixed-term, full-time
Period of Appointment
ASAP until 4 April 2019
Hours per fortnight
73.50 per fortnight. We recognise the value in flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
- Respond to telephone and counter enquiries from clients and their agents in relation to the payment of outstanding monetary penalties.
- Undertake assessments of the financial circumstances of client and negotiate appropriate payment arrangements.
- Research the location of allocated clients who are in contravention of their payment obligation and contact those clients who have been located.
- Provide recommendations to Team Leaders on enforcement or other action that may be appropriate.
- Participate in field enforcement operations that may involve seizure of property for sale.
- Undertake other duties that may be required in relation to the operation of MPES.
- Tasmanian Drivers Licence.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (Generic) Enforcement Officer.doc
Statement of Duties (Generic) Enforcement Officer.pdf
Information for Applicants (DOJ).doc
Information for Applicants (DOJ).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
Manager Policy and Projects
(03) 6165 7569
Back to search results Apply now