Transcription Typist (350139)
Department of Justice
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 2|
|Salary:||$54,093.00 to $58,322.00 pro rata, per annum|
|Salary:||$35.38 per hour|
|| Fixed-term, casual
Period of Appointment
Fixed term casual for a period of three years.
Hours per fortnight
Casual at the rate of $35.38 per hour.
- Provide accurate and timely transcription services including transcribing records of criminal and civil court proceedings.
- Maintain accurate records in relation to transcript production and time allocation.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications, and experience normally expected from persons occupying jobs at this classification level.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
- Typing speed of 80 words per minute and experience in the use of court recording systems.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (350139) Transcription Typist.pdf
Statement of Duties (350139) Transcription Typist.docx
Information for Applicants (DOJ).pdf
Information for Applicants (DOJ).doc
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
(03) 6777 2875
Back to search results Apply now