Court Support Officer (356806)
Department of Justice
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 2|
|Salary:||$54,093.00 to $58,322.00 pro rata, per annum|
|Salary:||$35.38 per hour|
|| Fixed-term, casual
Period of Appointment
Fixed term casual for a period of three years.
Hours per fortnight
Casual at the rate of $35.38 per hour.
- In accordance with the Admissions to Courts Act 1916 and any other relevant legislation provide security services to the Supreme Court by:
- Screening people attending court and court premises including conducting screening and searches of personal effects
- removing people from courts and court premises in accordance with the statutory provisions and under direction from judicial and other authorised officers
- carrying out other duties as provided by the relevant statutory provisions and as directed by judicial and other authorised officers
- Provide court services by:
- ensuring the safety and security of Judges, Jurors and other court users whilst in Court and at other times as directed
- monitoring the behaviour of court users to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and court protocols
- assess any potential threat to the buildings or court users including any arising from the behaviour of people in the court premises
- ensuring court rooms are secure and court files, exhibits and other materials in court rooms are protected from unauthorised access or removal
- providing directions and information to court users, including Jurors
- Provide support to the Sheriff’s office including execution of writs, rules, orders and warrants and assist with Juror administration as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Supreme Court Registries and act as Judge’s Attendant as required.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications, and experience normally expected from persons occupying jobs at this classification level.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
- Driver’s Licence (Motor vehicle)
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (356806) Court Support Officer.pdf
Statement of Duties (356806) Court Support Officer.doc
Information for Applicants (DOJ).pdf
Information for Applicants (DOJ).doc
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
(03) 6777 2875
Back to search results Apply now