Assistant Director (001426)
Department of Premier and Cabinet
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 8|
|Salary:||$115.968.00 to $123,856.00 per annum|
|| Permanent, flexible
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Hours per fortnight
Up to 73.5 hours - flexible options available.
- From a whole of government perspective and consistent with the strategic priorities of the Premier and of the Government, analyse, assess and make recommendations on policy proposals and initiatives.
- Lead and manage staff within the Division to develop, implement and evaluate a broad range of policies, programs and initiatives in accordance with the Government’s and the Premier’s strategic priorities. Undertake day to day staff management responsibilities, including professional development and performance management of the Division’s staff.
- Support State Agencies to develop, implement and evaluate policies and initiatives that progress the Government’s and the Premier’s strategic priorities.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate at chief executive and senior management levels with other Agencies (both State and Federal), local government, private enterprises and community organisations, as required.
- Represent the Division, the Department and/or the State government in intergovernmental and public forums.
Tertiary qualifications in a major policy field and demonstration of an advanced level of skills in analysis and comment.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
SoD - Assistant Director - 001426.DOCX
SoD - Assistant Director - 001426.pdf
Information for Applicants.docx
Information for Applicants.pdf
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application, please contact us prior to the closing date on (03) 6270 5607 or (03) 6270 5599.
For more information
Director Intergovernmental Relations
Phone: (03) 6232 7690
Back to search results Apply now