Start your graduate career with the Tasmanian State Service
- Have you recently graduated or are about to graduate from Uni in December?
- Do you want to work for the State’s largest employer, make a real contribution to Tasmania, and build your skills across a broad range of areas?
If your answer is yes, then apply to be a Graduate Officer in the Tasmanian State Service.
We are seeking high achieving university graduates from across the full range of academic disciplines to participate in our Graduate Development Program commencing in 2018. The Tasmanian State Service is committed to providing a flexible and inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome applicants with diverse skills, experiences, abilities and backgrounds to apply.
We are offering up to 16 positions across government to work in:
- Human Resources
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Building and Technical
- Asset Management
- Communications and Marketing
The 2018 Program includes a policy officer position for a graduate with a disability. If you have a disability, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Agencies participating in the 2018 Program include:
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human and Human Services
- Department of Justice
- Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Department of State Growth
To find out what our 2017 graduates have to say about their experience in this year’s program visit www.jobs.tas.gov.au/graduates
What’s in it for you?
You get to:
- Participate in a two year whole-of-government Graduate Development Program.
- Contribute to key projects within Government and play a part in developing and delivering policies, programs and services.
- Develop quality public sector skills by undertaking research and analysis, and providing advice on a range of matters.
- Enjoy excellent employment conditions, including competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and contemporary leave entitlements.
Do you have a disability?
This year we are recruiting a Graduate Policy Officer (Disability) position as part of the whole-of-government Program. This position is based in the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
If you are a recent graduate with a disability who is enthusiastic and motivated, with a strong interest in public policy, we want to hear from you.
The Statement of Duties outlines the eligibility requirements you will need to satisfy to apply for a disability specific role.
Please note that if you indicate you have a disability on your application, you will also be considered for all graduate vacancies.
Eligibility / Essential Requirements
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Hold a bachelor degree (minimum) - note you must have graduated by January 2018
Depending on the agency you are appointed to, you may also be required to satisfy/acquire one or more of the following:
- Current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status – Employment).
- Pre-employment checks e.g. conviction, identification and disciplinary action in previous employment checks.
- Meet the definition of ‘disability’ as set out in the Disability Services Act 2011.
Refer to the Statement of Duties for full details.
Statement of Duties - Graduate Officer.pdf
Statement of Duties - Graduate Officer.DOCX
How to Apply and FAQ.pdf
How to Apply and FAQ.DOCX
2018 Graduate Development Program Brochure.PDF
How to apply
The FAQ document outlines everything you need to know about applying for the Program.
You only need to submit one application, via the blue ‘Apply Now’ button.
Your application must include:
- A current comprehensive resume, including the details of two referees.
- Details of your university results. E.g. academic transcript.
- A maximum 500 word statement outlining why you want to work for the Tasmanian State Service and what you can bring to the role. In preparing you response, consider criteria one and two in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
The documentation provided should answer all your questions regarding what you need to do to submit your application. If you have any further questions you can contact:
Consultant, State Service Management Office
03 6232 7167
For more information visit www.jobs.tas.gov.au/graduates