Legal Secretary (356953)
Department of Justice
Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 2|
|Salary:||$52,926.00 to $57,155.00 pro rata, per annum|
|| Fixed-term, part-time
Period of Appointment
Fixed-term part time for a period of 3 years.
Hours per fortnight
36.75 hours per fortnight.
- Provide Mental Health Law secretarial and administrative functions for legal practitioners to ensure best practice delivery of services to clients.
- Be the first point of contact between Mental Health practitioners and clients, members of the public, legal profession and staff in other government agencies and instrumentalities, and receive all mail and incoming telephone calls on behalf of the Commission’s Mental Health practice.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support in the Commission's Mental Health and Disability Unit including:
- (a)the maintenance of practitioners’ files within the Commission’s computer system, resubmit systems, diary and any other systems used for support of the in-house Mental Health practice;
- (b)the carrying out of electronic lodgement of application forms for legal assistance, electronic claims on behalf of Mental Health practitioners and disbursement invoices, and electronic closing of files on completion of each matter;
At the direction of the Civil Practice Manager, perform such other secretarial or administrative functions in other business units of the Commission as required.
- (c)Produce and process confidential documents and correspondence using a broad range of computer software, audio equipment and word processing systems.
Significant current secretarial experience in the Mental Health Law jurisdiction or in a similar or related setting.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (356953) Legal Secretary.docx
Statement of Duties (356953) Legal Secretary.pdf
Information for Applicants (Aug13).doc
Information for Applicants (Aug13).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
Assistant to the Director
Phone (03) 6236 3820
Back to search results Apply now