Legal Practitioner (355211)
Department of Justice
Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Legal Practitioners Agreement 2017 - Level 1|
|Salary:||$55,198.00 to $70,499.00 pro rata, per annum|
|| Fixed-term, part-time
Period of Appointment
ASAP until 30 June 2019
Hours per fortnight
Part time hours working 44 hours and 6 minutes per fortnight
- Provide duty lawyer services, including information, advice, drafting documents and representation of clients of the Family Advocacy and Support Service in Family Law Court Registries and other locations.
- Provide information to stakeholders and promote the Family Advocacy and Support Service to clients and other stakeholder groups.
- Establish and maintain effective referral relationships both in and out of the Family Advocacy and Support Service.
- Contribute to and comply with the reporting obligations to the Commonwealth and State in relation to the delivery of the Family Advocacy and Support Service including keeping and supplying proper records of all services delivered.
- Perform such other professional work in the child protection jurisdiction, family law jurisdiction and Safe at Home area of practice, as may be directed from time to time.
- Admitted or eligible for admission as a Barrister or Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania and the relevant federal courts.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children Young Persons and their Families Act and the Family Law Act.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (355211) Legal Practitioner.doc
Statement of Duties (355211) Legal Practitioner.pdf
Information for Applicants (Legal Aid).doc
Information for Applicants (Legal Aid).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
State Family Law Practice Manager
(03) 6432 5000
Back to search results Apply now