Inclusion on the fixed term and casual employment register does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
The Fixed-term and Casual Employment Register will be used to fill short term vacancies which occur during the period 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018. Interested applicants can lodge their application at any time during this period, but as most vacancies occur during the 2017/18 summer tourist season, intending applicants are encouraged to lodge their application(s) as early as possible.
The service needs and employment opportunities at the Port Arthur and Cascades Female Factory Historic Sites vary depending on seasonal fluctuations. Additionally, in recent years PAHSMA has experienced significant growth in the number of international visitors. Given this increasing service demand, PAHSMA welcomes applications from individuals with proficiency in languages in addition to English
Positions at the Port Arthur Historic Site
PAHSMA is seeking applications for fixed-term roles at the Port Arthur Historic Site in the following positions:
- Tourism Operations Assistant: in Ticketing, Food & Beverage or the Retail Gift Shop; Adult Rostered Day Worker hourly rate commencing at $26.35 per hour. Mon-Friday adult hourly rate commencing at $21.08 (penalty rates may apply)
SOD_Tourism Operations Assistant_2017-18.pdf
SOD_Tourism Operations Assistant_2017-18.docx
How to Apply_Tourism Operations Assistant_2017-2018.doc
How to Apply_Tourism Operations Assistant_2017-2018.pdf
- Tour Guide: Presenting Day Tours (Rostered Day Worker hourly rate commencing at $26.35 per hour) and/or Ghost Tours (Rate commencing at $35.41 per hour, Training Rate $26.59 per hour).
How to Apply_Tour Guide_2017-2018.pdf
How to Apply_Tour Guide_2017-2018.doc
- Cook: Rostered Day Worker rate commencing at $33.48 per hour.
How to Apply_Cook_2017-2018.pdf
How to Apply_Cook_2017-2018.doc
- Cleaner: Mon-Fri hourly rate commencing at $21.08 per hour.
How to Apply_Cleaner_2017-2018.pdf
How to Apply_Cleaner_2017-2018.doc
- Works Assistant: in either Grounds & Gardens or Building and Works, Mon-Fri rate commencing at $21.08 per hour.
SOD Works_Assistant 2017-18.docx
SOD Works_Assistant 2017-18.pdf
How to Apply_Works Assistant_2017-2018.pdf
How to Apply_Works Assistant_2017-2018.doc
Positions at the Cascades Female Factory
There are also fixed-term positions available at the Cascades Female Factory in South Hobart for:
- Cascades Female Factory Assistant: working in both retail and guiding, Rostered Day Worker commencing at $26.35 per hour.
SOD_Cascade Female Factory Tour Guide_2017-2018.doc
SOD_Cascade Female Factory Tour Guide_2017-2018.pdf
How to Apply_Cascade Female Factory_Tour Guide_2017-2018.doc
How to Apply_Cascade Female Factory_Tour Guide_2017-2018.pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Info for Applicants 2017-2018.doc
Info for Applicants 2017-2018.pdf
FTR Application Form 2017-2018.doc
FTR Application Form 2017-2018.pdf
Post your application with the above application form to:
6973 Arthur Highway, Port Arthur
All applications must be completed according to the instructions given in the Information for Applicants and the How to Apply documents. For further information on the Register, specific roles or to obtain copies of the application documentation, please contact Human Resources on (03) 6251 2357. Application documentation can also be obtained from the www.jobs.tas.goy.au.
For more information
(03) 6251 2357