Department of Justice
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 6|
|Salary:||$87,955.00 to $99,599.00 per annum|
|| Permanent, full-time
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight (part time hours considered). We recognise the value in flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
- Assist the Public Guardian by acting as guardian or occasionally as administrator for persons with disabilities and advocate on their behalf when the Public Guardian is appointed by the Guardianship and Administration Board.
- Make applications to the Board as appropriate, primarily for the appointment of a guardian or an administrator or for the review of a guardianship or administration order.
- Submit reports on any matters referred to the Public Guardian by the Board and to intervene, as appropriate, in any proceedings before the Board or Mental Health Tribunal.
- Seek assistance in the best interests of any person with a disability from any Government department, institution, welfare organisation or service provider and influence systemic change in policies and procedures for people with disabilities.
- Assist the Public Guardian to arrange, co-ordinate and promote informed public awareness and understanding of the rights of people with a disability and provide authoritative advice, including policy advice, on guardianship issues and the rights of people with a disability.
- Assist the Public Guardian to investigate complaints or allegations of inappropriate guardianship, exploitation, abuse or neglect of persons with disabilities.
- Participate in an after-hours “on-call” emergency service. Assist with emergency investigations at short notice.
- Assist the Public Guardian to investigate, report and make recommendations to the Minister on any aspect of the Act.
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (355991) Guardian.doc
Statement of Duties (355991) Guardian.pdf
Information for Applicants (Aug13).doc
Information for Applicants (Aug13).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
(03) 6165 3444
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend