The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day working 76 hours per fortnight to commence from 17 MAY 2021. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1- Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 3 $149,197 - $226,780 per annum.
Please note that access to the Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner salary range $214,844 -$226,780 is subject to the successful applicant satisfying the criteria for Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1, 2 or 3 as described in the Salaried Medical Practitioners Interim Agreement 2015.
As part of a multidisciplinary mental health service delivering high quality mental health care and, in accordance with Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Psychiatrist:
- Provides a comprehensive general adult inpatient and community psychiatric service in the northern region of Tasmania.
- Acts as a consultant to mental health professionals and health service providers, including general practitioners and other agencies, with regard to the assessment and management of individuals with mental health disorders.
- Undertakes supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatric Registrars and other medical staff as required/appropriate.
Location: Launceston General Hospital - MHS North - Adult and Community
We can offer:
Attractive Salary Package, including On Call Allowance and Call Back, and election to participate in the Private Patient Plan
Negotiable salary including superannuation and access to salary packaging
Relocation and accommodation assistance
Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements
Flexible work/life balance
Dynamic team environment
- Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant specialty.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
D Andreja Vuchkov
(03) 6777 4382
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au