- Provide clerical support for the coordination and efficient operation of COVID-19 administration including health screening at air, seaports and the hospitals (primary focus), administrative support at COVID-19 Respiratory Clinics, in the Central Booking Hub and at hospital entry points.
- Accurately collect manual and computerised patient information system data.
- Perform duties in accordance with the policies and procedures relating to clinical, financial and administrative requirements for COVID-19 Respiratory Clinics and the hospitals.
- Please refer to the statement of duties for a full list of duties.
he Mersey Community Hospital, Latrobe has 95 beds and offers general and specialist health services including 24 - hour emergency department, general medicine day surgery and endoscopy, rehabilitation, palliative care and oncology services along with a variety of specialist clinics. Mersey Community hospital is a dedicated elective surgery centre and provides a mixture of general hospital services. The hospital has close ties with the University of Tasmania through the Rural Clinical School and with TAFE Tasmania thus providing opportunities for comprehensive clinical training programs.
Details of Appointment:
Multiple Fixed Term Full time, Part Time and Casual, Shift-Worker position working up to 76 hours per fortnight.
Salary: $57,305 - $61,704 pro rata per annum + 9.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- The salary range is in accordance with the Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement.
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties or Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties and Function Statement, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Phone: (03) 6478 5336
Position: A/Patient Flow/Nurse Staffing Manager
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.