Resident Medical Officer - Royal Hobart Hospital
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Southern Region
THS - Sth - WA&CS
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||MP Level 2 (Resident yr1)|
|| Multiple FTE - F/T & P/Tpos
Medical Practitioners (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Medical Practitioner Level 2-4
$76,003 to $85,678 pro rata per annum (current)
$77,751 to $87,649 pro rata per annum (from 1 July 2021)
Period of Employment
Fixed-term, full-time (and part-time hours available), working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing ASAP until 10 January 2022.
Royal Hobart Hospital
The Resident Medical Officer is responsible for the day to day management of private and public inpatients and outpatients within the Hospital (or rural facility). Provide after-hours emergency cover as determined by the relevant work unit. Rotations to Rural Practice sites across the state are available.
Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer of any new criminal convictions and/or if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered
- General or unconditional registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration (where applicable and as determined by individual position requirements).
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Current Driver’s Licence (If applicable to allocated role).
- The position will require the occupant to participate in after-hours work.
- Accommodation is available for Rural Placements
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Resident Medical Officer-Senior Resident Medical Officer MP (May 2020) WWCT.pdf
Generic Resident Medical Officer-Senior Resident Medical Officer MP (May 2020) WWCT.docx
THS CV Template.doc(Please use this THS CV Template)
How do I submit my application?
All applications must be submitted online. Applications submitted other than online, or incomplete applications will not be accepted. This ensures important questions about you are answered. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form, add or upload your responses, CV, Cover Letter and supporting documents. Attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please note you are not required to address the selection criteria.
Please submit in online application:
- Cover letter outlining:
- Why you wish to apply for this position
- Why you think you are suitable candidate for the position
- Current career plans
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Please utilise the THS CV Template provided in the attachments above.
- Referees are expected to be at consultant level.
- Please ensure you have the name and contact details for three referees before applying to include in the online application form.
Please do not send hard copy applications to the contact person.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications submitted by an Agent on behalf of an applicant will not be considered for this recruitment.
For further information
Medical Recruitment – Royal Hobart Hospital
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now