The Registered Nurse:
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
- Please refer to the statement of duties for a comprehensive list of duties.
The Paediatric Home Care Service is part of the Paediatric Outpatient Clinics. Nurses working within the service provide support to families in their home and support patients and families to facilitate their discharge home from hospital when they might not have been able to without support. Patients often have complex medical needs or are patients being managed in their home to be able to facilitate early discharge from hospital. The Service includes a multidisciplinary team approach and values the importance of teamwork.
Details of Appointment:
Fixed Term Part Time, Day-Worker position working 40 hours per fortnight commencing 16th May 2021 for 12 months.
Salary: $66,421- $91,807 per annum + 9.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $85,950 - $91,807 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
What's on offer:
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Post graduate qualification allowance where applicable
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Other employment conditions and allowances available under the Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award and Agreement
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration (where applicable and as determined by individual position requirements).
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an application form detailing your experience, skills and knowledge through the addressing of the selection criteria from the Statement of Duties attached above.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Phone: (03) 6166 8332
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.job.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
Department of Health provides a high quality, safe and sustainable health services system for all Tasmanians. It is actively engaged in positive reforms to provide care and services for patients and clients in the best possible way through an integrated system that is people focused and supports individuals and communities to be active in their own health and wellbeing management. Our commitment is to work together with patients, clients, partners, and the community.
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.